Apr 18, 2011

Damage Report, Part I

Posted by Jan on Monday, April 18, 2011 with No comments
Yes, this post title is appropriate.

This is a report of the damage to my checking account after two days at the Fitness Expo.

I will confess, I am a shopaholic. I love bargains. I love the latest and greatest products. I can't help it. In my defense, I did have money left over from my FL trip. Actually, a lot more than I thought I would. So since technically I am still on vacation, I can spend it as such... Does my logic make sense? Trust me, as a shopaholic, it does!

The expo was great. Insanely crowded and chaotic. It truly tested me. At one point, I said out loud "I feel like I am on the T" and the immediate crowd around me busted out laughing (the "T" is the public transportation system here in Boston for you out of towners).

As a shopaholic, when I can get running clothing at 50% off, I am gonna go for it! I truly think that the fitness apparel industry is a total rip off and I have no problem wearing last years colors and designs, if you will. There is no TV reality show "The Real Athletes of Lowell" that I have to be concerned about when I am out in public. I am working out. I am sweaty and probably stinky and I don't care if my clothing matches or not. All that John Q Public should be concerned about is "Is she appropriately covered?" (And even in that case, I am getting to a point where I don't care...I love middle age).

That being all said, I did succumb to full price on one piece of clothing. I know, I know, but the shirt pictured on the right is for the marathon weekend and I couldn't resist. And It seems I wasn't the only one. It was sold out on Sunday (I tried to return it on Sunday for a smaller size). Anyway, it's from Mizuno at $25 dollars a pop.


My other item I bought from Mizuno was their Maverick split shorts. I love their split shorts. 2 hidden pockets (one with velcro so nothing bounces out). But the colors are what got me: pink and turquoise. I have no resistance to that color combo. Fortunately, the shorts were at Expo Special price of 20% off. I would have bought them at full price. Did I say I love the color combo?

I bought some moisture wicking socks (3 pairs for $4.99) and pair of Adidas split shorts for $15. I understand why I got 50% off on the shorts. No one else but me would buy 'em. Love the colors...

I also signed up for a 3 year subscription to Women's Running and I landed a cute tech shirt. Great color too!

I am gonna split this post into two parts. I have a lot to say on the next blog entry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment